Blueberry pancakes with bacon
- 435 ml (1¾ cups) buttermilk
- 1 egg
- 30g unsalted butter, melted
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 225g (1½ cups) plain flour
- 55g (¼ cup) caster sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- ½ cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- Crisp bacon, butter and maple syrup, to serve
- Whisk together buttermilk, egg, butter and vanilla. Place flour, sugar, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda and ¼ tsp salt in a bowl and make a well in the centre. Pour in buttermilk mixture and whisk until combined but a little lumpy. Stand for 15 minutes, then stir in blueberries.
- Heat a large frying pan over medium heat. Lightly grease, then pour in ¼ cup batter. Cook for 3 minutes or until bubbles appear on the surface. Flip, and cook for a further minute or until base is golden and pancake is cooked through. Transfer to a wire rack and cover with a clean tea towel to keep warm. Repeat with remaining batter.
- Serve with crisp bacon, butter and maple syrup.