Avocado & Bacon toast with poached Egg
- 4 large slices of bread of about 1 cm thick
- 2 avocados
- 12 slices of smoked bacon
- 4 large extra-fresh eggs
- A few sprigs of coriander
- ½ lemon
- Olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- White vinegar
- Preheat your oven to 220°C grill position.
- Bring a large volume of water supplemented with 1/3 cup of white vinegar to a boil. Carefully break eggs into ramekins. When the water boils, reduce the heat to keep the water to a simmer then carefully pour the first egg in the center of the pan.
- Using a spoon, fold the white if needed to form a beautiful poached egg and count 3 minutes of cooking. Remove with a slotted spoon and immediately drop into a bowl of cold water to stop cooking. Repeat 3 times with the remaining eggs.
- Peel the avocados, slice them thinly and drizzle with lemon juice so they do not blacken.
- To serve, brush the bread with a little olive oil and toast under the grill. Meanwhile, toast the slices of bacon in a dry pan and put the egg temperature by immersing 30 seconds in boiling water.
- Arrange the slices of bacon on the bread, cover with avocado and a poached egg. Add salt and pepper and sprinkle with cilantro. Serve immediately.